- Discover Swiss Hotel Management School and take your next step towards a career in hospitality management
- Discover our different postgraduate and master's programs
- Learn more about internships and career opportunities
- Catch a glimpse of our campuses and get a taste of the student experience
- Interact virtually with our faculty and students and ask all your burning questions
Holding a Master of Arts in Education and a bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Mr. Taffin, as an empathetic and supportive leader for almost 10 years, has been guiding young bachelor students in their educational path, encouraging their development and assisting them in reaching their full potential. Focused on providing an outstanding learning journey, he combines 20 years of international leadership experience in the hospitality and spa industry for prominent brands like Ritz-Carlton, Six Senses and Relais Chateau. Prior to his role in SHMS, Mr. Taffin has worked in large, fast-paced hotels and restaurants in South America and Europe, to boutique luxury properties in French Polynesia and the Middle East. Mr. Taffin is also fluent in five languages.
As a passionate Quality and Learning Development luxury hospitality professional, Robert is looking back with more than 20 years of industry experience in various leadership positions that started with a BA Degree Hotel Administration at the University of Nevada (USA). With a strong Human Resources and multi-cultural background which has enabled Robert to accept a wide variety of positions worldwide in International Hospitality from Las Vegas to Chicago to Paris to Verbier. Robert was a certified Master Trainer with Starwood Hotels and was a member of W Hotels Worldwide HR opening teams in Paris and Verbier. Robert joined SHMS/IHTTI as a Lecturer in 2015 and is now Head of Career Services with SHMS/ IHTTI.